Posted by Jane Waters on January 24th 2016 in Wedding planning
Just heard today of a Hampshire Wedding Venue facing closure and has 50 weddings booked. It is very sad news for both venue and couples.They will try and reinburse their brides once they have sold the business, but sadly that does not enable the couples to book elsewhere straight away, all very stressful.Therefore any couples in the planning stages my advise is wedding insurance is a must , even if just for the peace of mind!
Wedding Insurance is a must - Look at any wedding planning checklist for just-engaged couples and you’re bound to see...
Posted by Jane Waters on January 19th 2016 in Wedding Event
Find your perfect Wedding Dress
Brides Trunk Shows, Designer Days, Wedding Dress Sample Sales January 2016
- January the 22nd - 23rd Claire Pettibone designer weekend at Carina Baverstock Couture near Bath. Call the boutique on 01225 866610 to book your appointment 10% off!
- January 23rd and 24th Blue by Enzoani and Beautiful by Enzoani Designer Weekend10% off at Toni Bridal Wallington, Surrey - Call for appointment 02079983431
- January 23rd Ian Stuart designer day at Lily Lou Lou Beaconsfield, Buckinghamshire. Call 01494 670620 to book your place, places very limited.
- January 21st - 23rd Alia Lahav Trunk Show at Browns Bride,London Please call for an appointment Tel: +44(0)20 7034 1400
- January 25th...
Posted by Jane Waters on January 19th 2016 in Wedding planning
Wedding venue checklist
Is it the right Venue for you?
Take along your wedding venue check list and ask lots of questions
- Is the venue available?
- How far in advance do you need to book
- Do they offer a discount for mid-week wedding or Winter Wedding
- Can you set up the day prior
- Do they have a Civil Ceremony Licence
- Is the Civil Ceremony in a separate room to the Wedding Breakfast
- Will you be the only wedding on the day
- Will you have exclusive use
- Will it suit your theme
- Are there lovely photo opportunities at venue or nearby
- Have they any renovation/constructions plans looming
- What are their...
Posted by Jane Waters on January 16th 2016 in Wedding planning
Top Tips on Wedding Insurance, Wedding Budget and Time Out!
Having been a bride myself, ok a good few years ago! But in more recent years I have been involved in organising over 400 weddings. I understand the highs and lows that brides go through during wedding planning.
My favourite part of the job was sitting down at a wedding planning meetings with the happy couple to go over all their wedding arrangements. I did at times catch my breath when not only the expected bride and groom arrived but also both sets of parents and bridesmaids waltz through the...
Posted by Jane Waters on January 10th 2016 in Wedding planning
Planning a Wedding on a Small Budget
- Prioritize what's important to you and get started with our free budget tracker
- Venue Savings - Pick an unusual wedding day, unpopular season, look out for new wedding venues they may offer a discount for the first year.
- Haggle - ask for a comp honeymoon suite free Champagne, don't be afraid to ask
- Dress - search 'custom wedding dress'' on e-bay, check second hand sites sellmyweddingdress.com or confetti. Look out for Sample sales, often offer 50% off.
- Rings - Amazon Discount Finder up to 80% off wedding rings!
- Plan with a free wedding planning site...
Posted by Jane Waters on December 23rd 2015 in Uncategorised
Where to Propose in London
The Festive Season is the most wonderful time of the year’ so it’s no great surprise that it’s also the most popular time of the year for wedding proposals. We are thinking of moving forward, changing our lives for the better with the one we love, and sharing the good news with family and friends.
I have recently viewed 2 new magical places in London perfect for a unique wedding proposal which I would love to share with you
No 1 -A rather off the wall futuristic company called Bompas & Parr have worked with composers, perfumers and...
Posted by Jane Waters on December 2nd 2015 in The Morning of The Wedding
How to avoid any stress
You may have planned each moment of the wedding service and wedding reception, but don’t forget to plan ahead for you getting ready. Allocate more than enough time to get ready and time to enjoy the prepping with your bridesmaids.
You know some aspects of your wedding you are not going to have any control over, like the good old British weather, if the wedding cake gets dropped, or if one of your bridesmaids is sick. Always be ready to...
Posted by Jane Waters on August 18th 2015 in Wedding planning
I love the way more and more couples are exploring new ideas for
their wedding and taking charge of all the details from decorating
to creating their own menus. No longer are our couples looking for
a traditional stuffy wedding, they are thinking totally outside the
box and want a wedding that reflects their personalities.
The food! and as a massive food lover, I am super excited about the abundance of high quality street food and outdoor catering companies popping up all over the UK. It is no wonder restaurants and hotels are struggling to find chefs for their...
Posted by Jane Waters on August 17th 2015 in Submit Your Wedding
Once the Big Day has come and gone, you step out of the limelight of being the cherished "bride and groom" it can leave you with alittle post wedding blues.You even miss the wedding planning!
Why not ease yourself out of it gently and at the same time help others by sharing your wedding and top 5+ wedding planning tips with us.
If you’d like your wedding to be featured on Cloud Weddings new blog we would be over the moon! All you have to do is ask your photographer to submit the photographs directly to us.
We also need you...
Posted by Jane Waters on March 23rd 2015 in Wedding planning
As more and more couples choose to email wedding invitations, the debate between tech-savvy couples and traditionalists who prefer paper is heating up.
E’invites have become totally acceptable. If you want to rule out sending paper invitations for your wedding, don’t think twice about it. Carry on and don’t worry do it your way. The etiquette police have lost all ground in this fight.
- Wedding Invitations
What we always used to do: A traditional wedding invitation pack includes the main invitation, the response card, and any additional helpful wedding information for your guests...